Full Time/Part Time Experenced Florist - 2 year or more as a florist
Full Time and Part Time Openings Available.
Floral Designer – For six generations (since 1883), Walter Knoll Florist has been servicing our home town of St. Louis in the craft of floral culture. Our company consists of our two-acre main campus at 2765 LaSalle St Louis MO 63104 which features a wholesaler, a design production center, a retail storefront, a lawn and garden center and multiple storage facilities, several neighborhood stores, and a 10 acre complex of greenhouses, landscaping yard, and storage in Arnold MO.
• Consistently create floral designs incorporating effective and innovative use of colors, floral materials, vessels and accent materials, while meeting established criteria for Walter Knoll Florist design styles and cost of goods.
• Develop a working understanding of the basic Walter Knoll style of design and accurately create gift line or custom designs based on established standards.
• Apply proper fundamental floral handling techniques.
• Meet and consistently maintain required minimum standards of production.
• Successfully interpret clients' wishes on custom design orders and following up as applicable to ensure complete satisfaction.
• Responsible for providing outstanding customer service and contributing to sales volume growth, and resolving customer questions and concerns using Walter Knoll Florist approved methods.
• Daily set up and break down of store including physical transportation of outdoor and floral displays.
• Contribute to the consistent maintenance and refreshment of product merchandising.
The Ideal Candidate Profile would include
• 2+ years hands-on custom floral design experience in a luxury, high volume floral shop or design studio is required.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team-oriented environment
• Proven ability to professionally and efficiently meet client needs.
• The ability to learn and implement Walter Knoll Florist Customer Service Techniques when communicating with clients.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a high level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
• Flexible schedule required, including Saturday and Sunday availability. Peak business periods will require extended workdays and workweeks.
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
Walter Knoll Florist benefits are comprehensive and include competitive compensation, paid vacation and sick time, medical allowance. Company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, 401(k), pre-tax reimbursement account and a generous employee discount.
- Competitive pay and benefits, paid holidays and vacation.