Caring for floral arrangements, especially during summer months, can be challenging if you don’t know a few key tricks of the trade. At Walter Knoll Florist, we understand you want to keep your blooms as fresh and bright as the moment they arrived. That’s why we’ve created a list of quick, easy steps you can take with your next bouquet to ensure longevity.
A gorgeous arrangement like our Cool Breeze features an array of vibrant color and variety of blooms. To keep colors this bright long-lasting, follow a few simple steps to maintain their freshness and ward off bacteria that can cause wilting.
- When receiving a new bouquet, trim all stems about one inch on a diagonal. Do the trimming underwater to ensure fast absorption and reduce air bubbles in the stems.
- Mix a preservative into the vase water before arranging flowers.
- Removing leaves from below the water line will keep bacteria out of the vase water, creating an enduring masterpiece.
- After arranging your bouquet in their vase or container, display in a cool, dry area away from extreme temperatures and drafts.
- Remember to change the vase water every 2-3 days to maintain freshness.
Whenever you need expert advice about choosing or caring for the perfect bouquet, look no further than Walter Knoll Florist. We know flowers, and we’re here to help.