Whether you are currently a student or returning to your school for a nostalgic visit, there is no doubt that homecoming weekend is a special time. The formal dance is the highlight of the weekend for many, and flowers are an important part of that event. Walter Knoll Florist has been creating uniquely beautiful corsages, boutonnieres and wearable flowers for over a century, and we look forward to ensuring that you look your best for this special occasion.
Here are a few tips from the experts, to help you to design the most beautiful homecoming flowers.
- You’ll want to make sure you order early, so that we have the right flowers in stock, and you are guaranteed the flowers your want.
- Have your dress picked out before coming in to order homecoming flowers. But just know that the color of the flowers does not have to perfectly match the dress – in fact, it is better if it doesn’t! Contrasting colors ensure that the flowers don’t fade into the dress, and create a striking look.
- Think of our floral designers as your personal stylist, and allow them to create a beautiful piece based upon the colors you’ve chosen, style of the dress and seasonal varieties. Trust us, you’ll love the results!
- We design wristlets with tulle, ribbons, faux pearls or rhinestones as a base, and the choice of bracelet is yours. We will then add fresh flowers for a gorgeous, personalized design.
- The boutonniere originated from the tradition of a girl choosing a flower from her bouquet and pinning it on her chosen suitor. Boutonnieres are supposed to blend with the girl’s flowers, and be seen as a small token of his status as her date. Therefore the two are often ordered together.
The homecoming dance can truly be one of the memorable occasions in your life – and we are committed to making sure that your flowers are as beautiful as the rest of the evening. Walter Knoll Florist is the premiere choice for unique and creative wearable flowers in the Saint Louis area. Check out our entire collection of flowers to wear, or come in to speak with a designer.