Floral Design Day is a time for people to recognize those who work in the floral industry, to honor the creativity they bring to their jobs every day. And here at Walter Knoll Florist, we want to thank our team, who use their talents to make Saint Louis more beautiful each day. We’d like you to meet Scott.
Scott is a true Renaissance man – he has been working at Walter Knoll Florist for six years, but in addition to being a floral designer, he is a speaker, a television personality, and an artist. We are thrilled to have his artistic talent at our flower shop.
We asked Scott what he loves most about his job. “Day to day, the orders come in, and each one is a different creative project. Customers rely on me to provide the flowers for all aspects of life – from extreme joy to unbelievable grief, I am there for them. ”
Scott enjoys working with roses, and one of his favorite projects with Walter Knoll was working on the Children’s Hospital Table Tops Benefit at the Ritz Carlton.
We mentioned that Scott keeps himself busy – here are just a few of the ways he shares his gifts with the community.
* Scott has participated in Fox 2 segments for ten years.
* Scott enjoys being a featured speaker at local events, such as the Missouri Botanical Gardens Holiday Show.
* He enjoys participating as a contestant at the Saint Louis Art Museums’s annual “Art in Bloom” showcase.
Last year Scott won the Designer’s Choice – Best of Show- Caleras Award for his interpretation.
Here are a few more reasons why Scott is Saint Louis’ favorite floral designer.
* A-list Best 2009 Best Floral Designer-St. Louis Magazine
* 2010 Platinum List Best Floral Designer – Ladue News and At Home Magazine
* 2011 Platinum List Best Floral Designer – Ladue News (among the Top 3 in St. Louis)
* 2013 Featured as Top Designer- “St. Louis Designing Men” – From St. Louis Homes and Lifestyles Magazine
* Voted Among Nations Top Floral Designers for 2015
Scott and the winning wreath design at the Missouri Botanical Gardens Annual Floral Designer Show.
Scott describes his life as “the best”. He and his partner live in Soulard/Benton Park with their two girls – Gracie and Sophie, their dogs. Their home is a historic cottage written up in the November issue of St Louis Homes and Lifestyles magazine. When he is not creating beautiful art with flowers, he is also proficient in oil painting.
The best floral designers are talented artisans who create beautiful masterpieces every day. This Floral Design Day, we would like to thank Scott for all he does. If you are looking to send the most exquisite flowers in all of Saint Louis, the choice is obvious – there is no place better to call than Walter Knoll Florist.