Finished all of your spring cleaning but feel as though something is lacking in your home? Well, for a super easy fix look no further than spring flowers and plants to rejuvenate and refresh every room in your house. With gorgeous pastels and cheery spring colors, you can give your entire home a spring makeover and then bask in the energy and renewal spring brings.
Here at Walter Knoll Florist, the best floral shop in St. Louis, we have a few fabulous ideas for freshening up your home with spring florals. Plus, these tips align with current décor trends of colorful pastels, pops of live greenery, and an overall lighter, brighter space. From your kitchen to your bedroom, bathroom, and dining room, give your home a spring refresh with some, or all, of the below design inspirations.
Refresh Your Kitchen
Easily spring clean your kitchen by having plenty of lemons and vinegar on hand. Start with the big pieces such as cabinets, cupboards, and pantries, and then move on to appliances. Organize and de-clutter items within as you go along and, before you know it, you’ll be done. Lemons work great on countertops and faucets, too.
Refresh with Spring Flowers
After the cleaning, add a few touches of spring to truly elevate things. Place fresh-cut blooms in a clear vase for a wonderful pop of color. Place a vine plant, such as ivy, on top of cupboards to energize that space, or, add a row of small vases to your window sill with each one containing a single flower for instant charm. Other florals we like for the kitchen include:
- Peace Lily: A full and dark green plant great for air purification
- Carnations: Charming, colorful, and symbols of luck and purity
- Tulips: Beautiful and vibrant, tulips inspire happiness and cheer
- Eucalyptus: A refreshing minty yet earthy scent smells great and reduces stress
Reorganize Your Bathroom
Use those leftover lemons for cleaning the bathroom faucets and sinks as well. Use vinegar to remove grime from showerheads and walls. Next, empty out the cabinets and drawers and toss old makeup, half-used tubes of mystery products, and expired medication. Re-organize with only those items worth keeping.
Reorganize with Spring Flowers
Nothing elevates the style of a bathroom more than fresh plants and flowers. Give your bathroom a spa-like quality with fragrant blossoms placed in charming decorative vases. Some of our favorites include:
- Daffodil: A wonderful mood-boosting flower that will brighten your bathroom, reduce stress, and promote good feelings
- Gerbera Daisy: A symbol of joy and happiness and always adored
- Sunflower: Vibrant and radiating energy, just like the sun
- Hyacinth: Lush, colorful, and lovely, a vase of hyacinths is truly elegant
Refine Your Bedroom
Prepare your bedroom for spring by putting away all of the heavy blankets and bedding and switch to lighter colors and floral sheets or comforters to welcome spring. Do the same with your closet and drawers by tossing out, or donating, items that do not “spark joy.” Remove all of the dust bunnies from under the bed and clean the windows to let the sunlight shine in.
Refine with Spring Flowers
Bring your bedroom into spring by adding fresh plants and flowers throughout. Place a snake plant or a palm in a stylish container on the floor by a well-lit window. Gather up some fresh flowers and display them in small vases on your nightstand, dresser, or bookshelf. Lush, soft, and full-looking florals also add an element of romance and passion to the bedroom. Here are some of our favorite:
- Sweet Peas: Dainty, feminine, elegant, and symbols of pleasure
- Peonies: Fragrant, lush, and full of soft passion
- Hydrangea: Full and bountiful, these blooms promote peace and calm
- Orchids: Exotic, elegant, and a symbol of perfection and refinement
Welcome spring into your home with fresh florals and plants and take advantage of the mood-boosting benefits they bring. Spring is all about rebirth, renewal, and fragrant blossoms to lighten and brighten our days.