Choose the Perfect Gift This Valentine’s By Learning Flower Meanings
Valentine’s Day is an occasion that many people use to make a partner, as well as friends and family, feel loved. One of the best ways to do this is with the gift of flowers. However, it’s important to remember that flowers have different meanings. Here are a few of the most common meanings that you can keep in mind as you shop for the perfect gift this Valentine’s Day.
• Roses – Roses have different meanings depending on the colors. Some of the most common include:
- Red Roses – An expression of love—a red rose bouquet is the perfect gift for a romantic partner.
- White Roses – An expression of purity
- Yellow Roses – An expression of joy (perfect for platonic emotions)
- Pink Roses – There are many varying feelings about the meaning of the pink rose, generally this would be used for gentle emotions such as joy and gratitude.
• Tulips – Tulips are somewhat of a mixed bag too. Red tulips are a declaration of love, just like red roses. However, colored tulips can be an excellent, platonic gift for anyone.
• Orchids – Orchids are bold and showy, making them a bold choice for a gift. They may not be as romantic as roses, but they are still a great way to show someone special that you care about him or her.
• Lilies – The Lily of the Valley is a symbol of sweetness. Lilies in general have the same, overall meaning and can be a great choice for a family member—for instance.
Remember, every special person in your life is different. If you have further questions about finding the right floral gift, why not reach out to the experts? Walter Knoll Florist employs many knowledgeable floral experts that can help you make the right gift choice this Valentine’s Day. Call or contact us online and let us help! We look forward to working with you.