Walter Knoll Florist’s Ballwin store (14751 Manchester Rd) last evening 11/22/2011 had a fire in the store a few minutes after it had closed. The fire apparently started with one of the florescent window signs overheated and ignited. A passerby on Manchester road saw the blaze and called 911. Ballwin police and West Metro Fire responded and quickly putout the fire. The west display window and area around it were lost, merchandise and displays on the west end of the store was damaged, there is extensive smoke and water damage inside the store, outside the west windows and entrance doors have been broken out, The fire fighters opened the soffits and fascia to make sure the fire was out. Knoll family members and Walter Knoll Florist employees started cleaning up and boarded up the broken windows. The store is open for limited duty during the cleanup and repair. All will calls (pick orders) are available at the store, design work will be picked up by other Walter Knoll Florist stores, there will be no interruption in products or services provided from Walter Knoll Florist. The Knoll family is thankful no one was injured, thankful for how fast and efficient the fire fighters and police responded, thankful to our electrical contractor Amptron who responded instantly to make sure the electrical of the building was safe, thankful to the employees and family the came running and started the cleanup.