It’s November, which means it’s time to think about all the things for which you’re more grateful and to bond with your loved ones. If you’ve been invited to someone else’s home for Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving this year, don’t forget to show your appreciation with a hostess gift. At Walter Knoll Florist, serving Saint Louis and the surrounding areas, we’ve compiled a thorough list of creative, thoughtful, and fun gift ideas that any host or hostess will surely adore!
Creative Gift Ideas for Any Host or Hostess
A gift is the politest way to thank your host or hostess for their hospitality. It’s good manners to bring a gift when you’ve been invited to someone’s home — even if you’re coming over for a potluck-style meal. It still requires loads of work to organize a dinner and get one’s home ready for guests. Show your appreciation with a great gift.
Friendsgiving usually takes place the Wednesday before or after Thanksgiving Day, and it’s an opportunity for good friends to sit down for a nice meal together. This friends-only event is usually less formal than Thanksgiving, and fun is always on the menu. Feel free to choose a creative or playful gift for your host.
- Bath bombs to help your friend unwind after a busy night of hosting
- Fuzzy socks with a holiday design for festively warm toes
- A set of kitschy oven mitts
- Cheeky fridge magnets
- A candle that smells like the best part of the season — pumpkin pie!
- A game to play after dinner
- A new yoga matt to encourage a healthy holiday season
2. Thanksgiving with Your In-Laws
Family Traditions Centerpiece
You should never show up to your in-laws’ house empty-handed, especially on Thanksgiving. Bring a gift whether you’re meeting your partner’s parents for the first time or have known them for years. They’re welcoming you into their home, family, and holiday traditions. Show your sincere gratitude with a thoughtful gift.
- An elegant floral centerpiece featuring candles to create a soft ambiance at the dinner table
- A nice bottle of wine with a new opener, aerator, or set of wine glass charms
- A box of gourmet chocolates or macarons
- A sleek essential oil diffuser with a lovely holiday scent
- Whiskey Stones and a bottle of locally distilled spirits
- A stylish cheeseboard with cheese knives and markers
- A sampler set of culinary sea salts
3. Thanksgiving with Your Family
Taste of Autumn
If you’re going to spend Thanksgiving Day with your family, show off your good manners by bringing a thoughtful gift to dinner. Choose something your parents or grandparents will love or bring something that everyone can enjoy on the holiday.
- A set of fancy or festive serving utensils since they’re always appreciated at Thanksgiving dinner
- A bright and cheerful floral arrangement that can serve as a centerpiece or brighten up a gloomy corner
- Sparkling cider so everyone has something fancy to sip at dinner
- Gourmet coffee to brew with dessert
- A set of cookie cutters and baking sprinkles in holiday shapes
- A children’s game or not-too-messy craft project
- A set of coasters to protect grandma’s delicate furniture
The Perfect Gift for Anyone on Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving
If you’re still not sure what to get for your host, we always recommend flowers, a centerpiece, or a potted plant because nature never goes out of style. Plus, these gifts are appropriate for anyone. If you choose to bring flowers, be sure to purchase a bouquet that’s already been trimmed and arranged. If you bring freshly cut flowers, your host might not have time to trim the stems or find a vase to put them in. We invite you to visit any Walter Knoll Florist location for personalized assistance with choosing a gift for your Thanksgiving host or hostess.